A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, January 19, 2007

I feel like such a slacker

Every year around this time, I like to look at Entertainment Weekly's list of the 25 Movies You Need To See Before Oscar Night. I use it as a reminder of which movies I've seen, and usually, just how many more I should see before the big night -- or at some point over the course of the next year. This year, I think I've hit an all-time low. I've only seen THREE of the movies listed so far! Clearly, I need to head over to the movie theatre for a couple of marathons. How many have you seen?
  1. The Departed
  2. Dreamgirls
  3. Babel
  4. The Queen
  5. Letters From Iwo Jima
  6. Little Miss Sunshine
  7. United 93
  8. Little Children
  9. Notes on a Scandal
  10. Flags of Our Fathers
  11. The Last King of Scotland
  12. The Devil Wears Prada
  13. Borat
  14. Blood Diamond
  15. Volver
  16. The Pursuit of Happyness
  17. Venus
  18. Children of Men
  19. Pan's Labyrinth
  20. Half Nelson
  21. Thank You For Smoking
  22. The Painted Veil
  23. Stranger Than Fiction
  24. Hollywoodland
  25. For Your Consideration

I've only seen #12, 21, and 23, not even CRACKING the top ten. Sigh. How am I supposed to beat the office champ in our Oscar pool at this rate?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

out of that list, the only ones I want to see are:

The Queen
Letters from Iwo Jima
The Last King of Scotland
Volver
Children of Men
Pan's Labyrinth

The only one I have seen:

Stanger than Fiction

Which was a great movie.

1/19/2007 2:47 PM

 
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I guess I just see way too many movies, because I've seen all but five of those ... If you wanted to catch up, I'd recommend starting with Little Miss Sunshine and the Queen, which should be playing everywhere again thanks to Helen Mirren's big Golden Globes win

1/20/2007 6:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home