A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Fashion!

Oh! And this weekend to attend a friend's baby shower in NJ, I attempted the whole jeans-into-knee-high-boots look. I felt pretty swank about it, though that could have been my mental association with English Hunt riding (I went with my new Banana winter white cords and black boots, with a black blazer). My cords weren't exactly the ankle gripping pants best worn with said boots, so I'm debating looking for actual real skinny jeans. Because with all the exciting weight lost (46.4 so far!), even the new jeans I bought in October are turning into magic pants.*

So, for the ladies who shop. Where do I look for said skinny jeans, bearing in mind that I'm not six feet tall or a size 2? Or do I let this fad pass me by? In which case, what type of jeans should I look for?

Thanks for the help!

*Magic Pants - able to be removed without actually undoing any of the fastenings. AKA those pants you absolutely NEED to wear with a belt, if only to keep them on.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

I cannot tell a lie, I'm not so much a fan of the skinny jeans. I love them on starlets but on me, they tend to make the big things look even bigger. But try them and see what you think. I'm sure you could find them at the Levi's store.

1/22/2007 10:50 PM

 
Blogger Miss Midwesterly said...

Believe it or not, Old Navy has some good skinny jeans. I know, because I accidentally bought a pair. But at $20 a pop, who cares if the fad goes out of style tomorrow? Today, even?
As for my own personal feeling about them, everything 80s is coming back--and some things ought to have been left in the grave. I say let 'em go the way of those silly ponchos and stick with bootlegs, which look good no matter what size, shape, season, or Lindsay-Lohan-of-the-month.

1/23/2007 8:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home