A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Update-y goodness

It's been a lot of fun to see everyone run with the idea of posting your favorite books, and I'm liking the lists we've all come up with so much better than the so-called "official" lists. Keep 'em coming!

Anyway, I thought I'd check in with a cult update. I'm down an even 45 pounds, which is very exciting, with another 15 pounds to go to my goal weight. Those last 15 will probably take almost as long as the first 45! What I'm finding slightly more difficult lately is continuing to be good about tracking all my food. A part of it, certainly, is the change on the Weight Watchers site to the tracking system. There's more food to find, I think, but it's slower, and feels somehow bulkier. Plus, while I can see everything just fine on my work computer, on my home lappy, the box is weirdly foreshortened, with no way to resize it. Annoying, I say.

I think it also hasn't helped that my regular leader has been on vacation, and wasn't at the last two meetings I went to. Which means, including Christmas Day and New Year's Day as missed meetings, I haven't seen him for over a month. Still, I'm still on a happy downward trend, with only a little bubble up where last week I got used to weighing myself with less clothes on -- which you can do in the safety and comfort of one's own or one's boyfriend's bathroom, but can't in a public room full of other people. But I like sticking to the regimen of only weighing myself at meetings, and not worrying about how much I weigh every single day. I'm glad I don't have a scale at home.

But my regular NIA instructor is back from her maternity leave (yay!), so I'll be making more of an effort to get to at least two or three classes a week as opposed tojust one, and I do think that the 20 minutes brisk walking I do each day back and forth between my new apartment and the subway certainly helps in the keeping me active column. As does the fact that my favorite pizza place and Cold Stone Creamery are now a LOT further away, and I have to think ahead to have snacking food in the house. Which doesn't always help me at work, but does in those hours when I'm at home in front of the computer or the tv. And I just keep remembering to drink lots and lots of water.

So it's all good. I now have four pairs of pants that are size 10, and I'm finding it such a thrill to buy mediums now, not larges or extra-larges. And I was actually looking forward to buying a bathing suit for the next time I'm near a beach, which hasn't happened in, oh, ever!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home