A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Oh yeah, I remember how this goes!

I leave for the Frankfurt Book Fair in just under two weeks, which means, of course, that I'm utterly slammed with work. After yesterday's exciting Galleycat mention, I was pumped to post something that will keep all my readers' attention, and... well, let's just say I didn't quite get to do what I hoped. I didn't even OPEN my blog all day.

And that's not entirely bad. Yes, I still have a ton of Frankfurt preparations to make, books and galleys and manuscripts to send to editors in New York and around the world, but I was also able to enjoy (and I do mean enjoy) a great lunch Monday with an author and a couple of colleagues, and another fab one today with one of my authors and her editor, as well as finishing reading a submission that I really like, and though it still needs some work, is something entirely promising and ripe for an offer of representation. I love that part of my job.

And -- to be honest -- I like the rush of pre-Frankfurt a little, too. When I get things done, of course. There's something concrete that I'm working on, working for, something that needs doing by a specific time, and I like making sure that happens.

Which isn't to say it wouldn't be a hell of a lot easier with an assistant. Oh please, PTB? Pretty please? I'll be your best friend!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home