A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My sister warns me

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A British secretary working in Paris who says she was fired because her Paris employer objected to her Weblog has provoked an old and New Media storm.

Unmarried mother Catherine Sanderson -- "La Petite Anglaise" to 3,000 regular readers of her Internet diary -- is launching legal action in France, claiming unfair dismissal against accountancy firm Dixon Wilson, British media reports say.

The "old fashioned" firm was never named in her blog. Sanderson, 33, also remained anonymous -- except for her photograph on her Web site.

Now Sanderson claims to have been "dooced" -- the New Media term for getting fired for what you write in a blog after a Web designer lost her job for writing about her job and colleagues on her site, Dooce.com.
Read the full story on CNN, and enjoy the fact that her company probably never had as much bad publicity and/or notoriety until they fired their anonymous blogger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

I always worry about that... but then I remember that I have, like, A reader.

7/19/2006 6:13 PM

 
Blogger alvinaling said...

Yeah, me, too. Must be careful. And why am I reading your blog during work hours? But it's work-related, I say!

Okay, back to work.

7/26/2006 2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home