A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tidying Up

Got a lovely big stack of papers and submissions off my desk today, which always makes me feel lovely and accomplished. And had a great convo with my boss about the work that I'm doing that could be done by an assistant, and she talked to the office manager about making some longed-for changes in the department. Whee!

I've also been party to a small flurry of emails between my sisters about scheduling guests down at the family shore house. Now, technically, and for all legal purposes, I have no rights in the house. But, if I keep mostly to a small space, help with the cleaning and the cooking and stuff (I'm kidding, mostly), there's not usually a problem if I go down there on a weekend. My sisters, however, are trying to arrange adult-only weekends with one or another group of friends, and kid-overload weekends, etc. I think I'll find myself down there a lot less than in previous years, partly because I've got out-of-town trips planned myself, and partly because when I have out-of-town guests in-town, I like to actually be in town, i.e. New York City. We do have a date for the annual family shore party though, and the band is booked. Woot! More details soon.

Otherwise, I'm heading back out to Colorado in a few hours, with the usual sort-of-disruption in posting, so all my lovely readers will have to find something else to do with themselves. Maybe this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home