A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Technical question, again

Hi. Me again with a technical question I'm sure I've bothered folks about before. I finally thought I had it figured out, but then I came up against another stumbling block. What the hell am I talking about, you wonder. Well, for ages and ages now I've wanted to do a little sidebar-y link thing over there on the right with a list of books I've recently read. I want to call it... (wait for it)... "Recent Reads." And I thought it would be cool to have images there too, of book covers or author photos, or whatever. But I don't want to have to go into blogger and update the template every time I read a new book.

I thought I might be able to just get a new blogroll, but I can only apparently have one blogroll at a time. Wah. So... does anyone know if there are other useful listy things out there I can use? Thanks!

4 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

I'm sure that I ran across some sort of cool site that you could note this sort of thing (probably with an Amazon ASIN) and then have stuff automagically appear in your sidebar, but I don't know where it went to. Hrm. I'll keep digging.

4/05/2006 2:05 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

That would be very very cool. Thanks, Dave!

4/05/2006 10:38 AM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I'd love to hear, too. I feel my sidebar is somewhat inadequate compared to the sidebars of others. That's right; I have sidebar envy.

4/05/2006 5:31 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Ok, I think I found something. It's called Blogfuel, and it's over there on the sidebar. Thoughts? Do we like the placement? Want it higher? I can't figure out how to only have the jacket images and not the titles, but that's peanuts compared to figuring it all out in the first place.

4/06/2006 12:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home