A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Everything it was cracked up to be

So, the Harlem Snowflake and I saw "Stick It" today, which was huge fun for both of us. I mean, she went a lot further in competitive gymnastics (best line of the movie: "It's not called gym-nice-stics.") that I did, but I did some in middle school, so we could both sit there and go, "Yeah, that would never happen." Didn't keep us from cheering when it did happen though, or crying, or clapping and shouting. Freakin' awesome.

And then I came home, got my little beach chair all arranged on my balcony (i.e. fire escape) and wrote my piece for Storyball, once I finally got an idea, and then, when the sun moved behind a building and it got a little chilly, moved back inside to read a manuscript for work. About, coicidentally enough, a blogger. Heh. I think I have a little experience with THAT.

Although the main character got a movie person interested in her story a lot quicker than I have, I can tell you that. Unless the guy who's going to make me famous beyond my wildest dreams is just lurking?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Ah well. Watched "Veronica Mars" tonight, since UPN saw fit to pre-empt it for basketball on Tuesday (I know!), and now waiting for a mission to get started in CoH. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home