A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And speaking of "HtDaS"...

I'm working on what I hope will be the final round of revisions of the proposal, and spoke to the agent I'm working with about possible blurbers. There's a couple of people I've thought of recently that I'd LOVE to have comment on the book, folks like Regina Lynn, who writes a sex column for Wired magazine, and Annalee Newitz, who writes for Alternet, and is editing that anthology called "She's Such a Geek," for which I submitted "Footsie and Fangs," though it was not chosen. Also, I saw a book being published in January 2007 by Simon Spotlight called "The Joy Of Text" by Kristina Grish, who it would be interesting to hear from, as well as Suzanne Schlosberg, whose book "The Curse of the Singles Table" I loved, and Jennifer Cox, who wrote "Around the World in 80 Dates."

Anyway, the point of this was to ask my devoted readers if you can think of anyone else I might want to contact. I'm taking suggestions!!

7 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

And Lev Grossman, who writes for Time Magazine, and, in a perfect world, Neil Gaiman and Joss Whedon. Or, perhaps more likely, Jane Espenson.

4/26/2006 5:44 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Which of course reminds me of Pamela Ribon, because my train of thought is completely random.

4/26/2006 5:46 PM

 
Blogger riain grey said...

You might be able to get Jane Espenson. Worth a try!

Also, I don't know much about your book proposal, but what about Rachel Kramer Bussel? She's fabulous...

4/27/2006 2:11 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Thanks! Oh, and Max Barry, whose link is down there on the sidebar. For a laugh, go check out his post entitled "I, Nerd."

4/27/2006 4:18 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Thought of someone else last night... who was it? Oh! Nate Corddry, from The Daily Show.

4/28/2006 10:17 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Also: Glenn Yeffeth.

4/28/2006 5:44 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

And the Blatantly Cody suggested Brian Michael Bendis and Warren Ellis

5/05/2006 5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home