A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

HtDaS: status report

Big news. Well, sort of. This morning I gave the latest, new and improved version of my "How to Date a Superhero" proposal to the agent I'd discussed it with previously, along with a chapter excerpt on my date with a certain Glow Boy (man, has it been ages since I've written those words here or what?), a story piece from our heroic lives, and a bio for my pseudonym.

Now, the waiting.

Actually, that's not entirely true. I want to do some tweaking and see if I can take the material and use it for the "Girl Geek" anthology Yi Shun mentioned to me, which I need to get out next week. And one of these days, I have to actually tell some of these people I'll be writing about that I'll be writing about them. And, hopefully, publishing it. I need to find out if there's waivers to be signed, or permissions to be had, and ask if it's ok to use real first names, along with real details about the game. But that's a bridge I'm going to wait to cross until the deal is signed. At which point I'll send out a few potentially entertaining emails:

Dear Glow Boy -
Remember all those emails you sent me, and all that prose we exchanged? Well, I saved it all, and I'm writing a book, and I'm going to print parts of it. Hope you don't mind!
Cheers,
Kate

Much fun to be had. I'm thinking I also want to contact Jack Emment (is that how he spells it?), Statesman himself, and see about an interview. Maybe he'll be at ComicCon in New York in February. I applied for professional registration, so I plan on being there.

And that's been a status report on "HtDaS"!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob S. said...

Go Kate!

There's a phrase I use for situations like this: "Ive got some hope in the mail." Here's hoping your hope hops to it!

1/03/2006 2:45 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

So are you going to give your faithful blog readers a free preview?

1/03/2006 5:34 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Very likely, Ted!! Maybe once I get the article-y part of it done for next week's deadline.

1/03/2006 6:00 PM

 
Blogger Sean said...

You go, girl!

Getting your stuff out there is brave and difficult. Kudos on even the attempt and best of luck with it all!

--Sean

1/03/2006 9:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home