A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Four days

So... it's really happening. Yup. I'm really doing it again. The only difference is, this time? I am so not prepared. Not. As in, not in the least.

If you don't hear from me after, say, Friday, it's probably because I dropped dead somewhere along the race course. I mean, I'm hoping I make it through the swim. Drowning is such an ugly way to go, and it would seem too ironic to have spent so much of the past summer down at the Jersey Shore without incident, only to drown when it matters. And, well, if I can depend on my swell little bike, freshly decorated with Lance Armstrong and "Whores on the Hill" stickers, then the bike part should be fine - as long as it's as flat as the race description says it is. And being New Jersey... yeah, I can believe that. As for the run - well, I guess I can walk that, if I have to, except for my no-doubt stirring finish.

So... maybe I'll be ok. I hope so.

I just heard from Yi Shun that our Team Reluctant Divas t-shirts are in, so that's cool, and one less thing I have to think about wearing/bringing. Still need to get a new pair of bike/running shorts, I think. Sounds like a fun errand for lunchtime, since my appointment got cancelled. And otherwise... well, I guess I'm just about as ready as I'll ever be.

If I say I'm doing this again next year, someone remind me to train for it, ok? Thanks!

8 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yay....Go KT!

9/14/2005 12:29 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

This raises money for a breast cancer charity if I remember right. So personally, regardless of where you place or how well you do, I already think you kick ass.

Just no falling dead along the course. There is already a dearth of cool, fun people out there. No impoverishing us further!

9/14/2005 12:49 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Aw, thanks. I will do my bestest not to die and rob the world of my utter coolness.

9/14/2005 2:43 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Update! No joy on the shorts subject at lunchtime. Will have to keep looking. The giant, gi-normous, 4-story Niketown just off Fifth Avenue? Yeah, they had one style of bike shorts. At $120, and not in my size. Grrr.

9/14/2005 3:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Katie, GO! (smile) I am loving your blog. Thanks for the peek inside your swingin' big city lifestyle.

Miss you. Hugs!

9/15/2005 8:34 AM

 
Blogger Miss Midwesterly said...

you'll have better luck at the sports authority, or even modell's. niketown...piffle.
oh you can also try the runner's store ...at the columbus circle MALL.
(time warner who?)

9/15/2005 9:03 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Happiness! Found a pair -- on sale, no less -- from Performance Bike online. Paid for fancy overnight delivery, and they should be here today!

9/15/2005 9:43 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yay!

Hope to hear about the outcome of the Race...oh...Saturday night....or Sunday.

Good Luck...Make to the end, and No Drowning! :)

Really, Have fun and finish KT.

9/15/2005 10:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home