A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Yeah baby yeah baby yeah

Just got a note from the senior partner that reads "Happy Birthday Valentine Baby." Yeah, that really does it for my professionalism at work.

*grins*

Nah, I'm not really making a fuss. I love celebrating my birthday so damn much, I'll take any kind of acknowledgement I can get, even if it does make me feel juvenile in the eyes of the "Eminence Gris" of our company.

In other "out of the blue" news, I got an email yesterday from the Welsh musician I met up at the Celtic Colours festival in October. Almost deleted the email without reading it, actually, since it looked suspiciously like spam, but ended up reading it, and was completely surprised. Seems he's going to be in NYC later this year, and was stuck in a Welsh hotel room with nothing good on the telly, and thought he'd see if he could send me a text message from his phone. Which means he put my email in his phone, or kept it on him somewhere...

Interesting.

Also, I'm compiling a list of reasons to go to Boston that aren't about Glow Boy, but which I could use to see him, and came up with a real humdinger -- go for work! I could meet with a couple of editors from Boston-based publishers, take someone out to lunch, etc. Genius, I tell you, genius. Plus, I could hang out with my friend R. and her baby, who I haven't seen in ages.

The wheels in my little brain just keep on turning, turning, turning. You'd think they get tired, but nope! They don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home