A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Got a smile on my face...

I can't keep a smile off my face.

I should be doing work - hell, I have piles of it on my desk: catalogues I need to page through, magazines and manuscripts to read, stories to critique, proposals to submit, interest to note - and all I've done for the entire day is chat with Glow Boy, both in and out of character. Twice the flirting, twice the fun!

Maybe it's a good thing he's not overeager to meet. If I saw him now, in the mood I'm in, I might just jump his bones the second I saw him, and really, that can't be good, can it?

*grins*

At the same time, Good Ole Boy #1, after I subtly chastised him yesterday for not emailing after our date last week, has apologized for being too shy to... ahem... properly appreciate me last time. No, wait, that's sounds dirtier than I meant it. But we've made plans for next week to try again, see if we get it right this time.

The fireworks, I mean, of course.

Am I just practicing for Glow Boy? Maybe. Is that so wrong? Gah - there I go, planning ahead again. We're in two different cities, with neither of us making any immediate plans to meet. Though I want to. Odd that he's the one more reticent about meeting face to face, isn't it? Aren't I, as the girl, supposed to be the gun-shy one? You hear such horror stories... but then, I've heard lots of success stories too. Misa and Colin technically met online, and look how that worked out.

In any case, I'm smiling.

And it's ten days to my birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home