A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Skipper Blew Us Off

Oh bother. Skipper finally got back to us, and said she wasn't going to take the apartment after all. Her Westchester parents would feel better about her living in the city if she were in a doorman building. To which I say -- for the amount she's willing to pay? As if!

I don't mean to be petty. She was nice and all, but I can't help but be annoyed that this is happening to us AGAIN. Same thing went down before we offered the apartment to the Boy who's now moving out -- we had another guy lined up, told everyone else the room was off the market, and then the guy backed out. Grrr.

So now we have to post the room again on Craigslist, or decide if we're going to call back one of the people we earlier said no to.

And I brought my laptop into work today because our tech guy said he was going to be here, and he's not, and it's cold, and I have to drag it out with me to the movies and everything tonight. Which is apropos of nothing in particular, but I figured, since I was ranting...

But plans for Vegas, baby, Vegas proceed apace. So there's that. And my thrice-rescheduled date with Boy #1 finally took place, and it was... nice. Just nice.


Is it too much to want fireworks? I want fireworks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home