A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Who, me?

This is awful and absurd. And a terrible precedent to set. Read more about it here.

I read about it on Neil Gaiman's blog, which also features some excellent advice on finding a literary agent.

It really makes you think, as does my recent conversations with Boy #3 from my previous post. After a few days of emails sent back and forth as private messages on a forum website, we took the big step of giving each other our direct emails. Suddenly, I'm aware that with a little ingenuity he can find out a lot more about me (as can anyone else). I mean, I've tried to keep things somewhat pseudonyminous here by only using first names or initials, or clever nicknames, but it wouldn't take a technical hacker of Neo's ability to find my real name, and from there, learn where I work and how to reach me. Heck, it wouldn't even need a hacker, just a relatively good and/or patient detective.

Now, I have no idea how many people ever read this thing. It's more than likely it's only my bestest friends who have signed up on my NotifyList. But just maybe, there's a whole swath of internet readers.

And maybe I've just encouraged them to track me down.

*gulp*

Hey, ummm... guys? Don't do that, ok? Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home