A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Things to be Happy About

Things I am happy about right now:

1. The Manolo has linked to my little weblog. And he's nominated for a "Best New Blog" web award, which means that lots of people read his site, and they just might find their way to my merry little corner of the sky.

2. My super-fanstastic friends and I are contemplating a trip to the original land of the Swingers for my upcoming birthday. Why? Because it's Vegas, baby, Vegas! No details yet, but I'm imagining all the fun we could get into on a long weekend in the home of the original Rat Pack, Siegfried & Roy, and a street featuring a fantasy castle, Egyptian pyramid, and New York skyline all within a few short blocks. Not to mention strippers. Wanna come?

3. Boys. You like 'em, I like 'em. Occasionally they like me back, and then I get a little happy. Boy #1 has suddenly made a reappearance in my inbox, after an absence of a few months after our date last fall, and a prior history of on-and-off dating every once in a while. We are making plans for an encore. Boy #2 is as yet an unknown quantity. As I told another friend, I forget sometimes that my powerful work-related charisma can sometimes overwhelm my personal magnetism. I must wait and find out which of my two sides he is interested in. In the meantime, there is Boy #3. Well, sort of. He is my online roleplaying boyfriend - well, to be precise, my superhero character's boyfriend. Confused yet? It's all silly and fun, and half of the emails we exchange are in character, and half not, but I am holding off sharing any real personal details, as I have no wish to find out that he's a 17-year-old gawky teen playing computer games in his bedroom. I mean, it's bad enough I'm a 31-year-old geeky girl playing computer games in my roomie's bedroom. But it's fun to play.

4. Coke. I don't need it! I gave it up (the liquid legal stuff, silly, not the other!) last Ash Wednesday as a Lent thingie, and then kept it up all year. Well, in my post-New Year's Eve hangover I decided I would allow myself one again. Well, I had it, and then one Monday morning, just to give it another shot, and I don't even like the taste of it anymore! Which, thank the Powers That Be, you know? That stuff's not good for you. I'm not sure I'm doing myself any favors with my replacement caffeinated beverage of choice - delicious Snapple - but I need something. At least now I can reallow myself one of my favorite cocktails (vanilla vodka and Coke) without worrying that I'm going to readdict myself.

5. Ummmm... only 40 days to my birthday? No it's too soon to think about that, beyond possibly planning to the above mentioned #2. Though, if anyone's interested, or looking for gift ideas in advance, can I direct your attention once more to my recent wish list? After a day over the holiday break which I spent organizing photos, I'm more than ever interested in getting a digital camera, and I still really like this one. Oh! But I can tie this into a "Thing I'm Happy About" because I technically recently became a professional photographer when I sold a copy of this print

to a friend. And she paid me not only for the cost of the print, but a little extra for my work. I tell you, I've got mad skillz!

Five's enough things right now, isn't it? I don't want to get too giddy. I'm supposed to be working, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home