A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

More readings about weddings

From Slate.

Hopefully, I'm not turning into a Bridezilla, though I admit I had to be a little firm with my mom when she voiced some uncertainty about my decision to allow my bridesmaids to pick any dress in my chosen color to wear. I have several reasons for my decision, and I'm sticking to them. Do bridesmaids all in one dress look nice? Yes. But that's not my chosen look. My friends aren't cookies, all cut out of the same mold. Each one's different and unique, and I can't wait to see what they pick for themselves!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

Also, there is no universally flattering dress. There just isn't. Thank you, KTBUFFY THE NOT BRIDEAILLA, for not forcing flat-chested women into strapless dresses, and normal-sized women into waif dresses. Amen. Amen.

6/12/2007 9:17 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Inclined to agree. Most bridesmaid dresses end up stuffed in a closet as unusable for any other event, and rarely are the bridesmaids so identical in shape to allow any given style to work.

I think standardizing on color -- if it's a tight match -- is a fine idea.

On the other hand, every guy looks cool in a tux.

6/15/2007 1:26 AM

 
Blogger Percy said...

Naked is good...<.<

6/15/2007 9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home