A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Success!!

I knew it. I said it all along, I was going to get my wedding dress at Kleinfeld. I just had a feeling (Misa, you were totally right!) That's why I'd originally planned to hold off actually going to Kleinfeld until August or so, after I'd fully enjoyed dress shopping at a bunch of other places. Well, I went there today on receiving news via The Knot that they were having a sample sale. Our extremely helpful saleswoman Judith first was discouraging when I said I wanted a bateau neckline, but another saleswoman overheard me, and she brought what seemed to be the only bateau-necklined dress in the entire store to me to try on.

Well, it didn't fit. Not quite. (That "quite" turned out to be rather important.)

Still, Judith was hopeful. "It doesn't have a red dot on it," she said, "that means we can order it for you." And, wonders of wonders, it was in my price range, even if we ordered it. So Judith did some more checking around, only to find out... actually, it was discontinued, and it should have had a red dot on the tag.

But it was so pretty! And with a different bra on, and the bow tied in the back, it was so very very close to fitting, and the price was so right...

Long story short, we bought it. Thanks Mom!! After all, I still have about ten more pounds to lose on Weight Watchers, and ten months to do it in. Judith also gave us the name, address, and phone number of one of their top seamstresses, who does some alteration work out of her own house, so we don't get stuck with Kleinfeld's mark-ups. My friend Jennifer also recommended her fantastic seamstress, so I have a couple of options.

It's just so pretty. And so perfect. It's the dress I've been describing all along. It's classic. And no, you don't get any pictures of it. You have to wait until April 12th!

Glee! I have a wedding dress!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger DeAnna said...

Gah!

6/10/2007 10:16 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Gah? Why "gah"? It's GLEEE!!!

6/10/2007 10:21 PM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Glee! Grats!

We were debating during the game whether seeing a picture of the dress, sans bride, was allowed. (We figured the other way around was probably right out.)

6/10/2007 11:49 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

No pictures!

6/11/2007 8:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home