A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Free stuff!

Spent most of yesterday at Book Expo America (BEA) at the Javitts Center, grabbing loads of fun looking free books, buttons, stickers, and bags. Claimed a fancy new messenger bag from new Sci-fi/fantasy imprint Orbit, an illustrated bag from Scholastic featuring the new "Harry Potter" cover, a bumper sticker for Stephen Colbert's forthcoming book (no, not Tech Jansen), and a light-up pen. Swag is good. Swag is nice.

Also enjoyed trolling around the aisles with several genius authors I know, running into fun publishing colleagues, and seeing some of the great new books I'm looking forward to reading.

All in all, a good day, made somewhat complicated in our attempt to LEAVE the Javitts Center, and the far west side of midtown, with little to no help from multiple out-of-service or just plain ornery cabs. I then grabbed another cab to the airport to meet Doyce, whose plane was late circling around around NYC, so at least I wasn't the only one.

More updates later.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home