A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Beachin' It!

Counting down the minutes until I head for the train down to the beach, and a (hopefully) relaxing weekend at the Shore. I decided not to run the Spring Lake 5 -- mostly because I never got my number, even though I'm listed as a runner, which I think has to do with some financial hoo-doo that took place earlier this year. Whoops! As well. I can't say I'm entirely disappointed not to have to wake up super early tomorrow to run 5 miles with several thousands better runners than me!

I am bringing down loads of manuscripts to read for work, as well as a couple of books and a few wedding and non-wedding magazines. My coworkers think I'm crazy to read on a holiday weekend, but I think I'll just feel too guilty ignoring the giant stack of submissions to really enjoy some beach reading.

Otherwise, my big plan for the weekend is to get lots of sleep, as much sun as I can manage, and come home early on Sunday evening to enjoy Monday in NYC. After all, it's Fleet Week!Hello, sailors!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

And it never hurts to show how diligent of a worker you are.

Have fun -- and do try to find *some* time for relaxation!

5/26/2007 11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home