A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Random 10 Things I Wanted to Add

Doyce posted a recap of our weekend's adventures, to which I wanted to add a few thoughts:

  1. I love the colors in the newly redone Kaylee's bathroom. It was a blast taking hints of the previous decor (the shower curtain and curtain hooks, mostly), and hitting Home Depot to grab the perfect pale lemon color for the walls and an absolutely lovely green lineoleum tile (actually called Verdestone), that looks so much nicer than what I'd have thought of "lineoleum" a short time ago.
  2. Speaking of that tile, as much as I can see the benefit of carpet in bedrooms, I just adore the feeling of a cool tile on your bare feet in a bathroom.
  3. Another project still to come: painting the bathroom vanity the same white as either the molding, or the kitchen cabinets to come.
  4. I finally understand how my sisters can spend HOURS talking about their redecorating projects.
  5. As part of the kitchen redo (likely the next thing Doyce and I will do together, whenever that happens to be), I think I'd like to pick up new hardware for all the cabinets -- something in a brushed nickel, I think. Or at least that style. Doyce, how many handles would I need, if that's something I contribute to the projects?
  6. Which brings me to another thing I discovered about myself -- I mean, I knew it in terms of wedding planning, but who'd have guessed I had such strong opinions about bathroom seats, and switchplates, and cabinet hardware? Wacky!
  7. We had another interesting conversation as part of the big shopping day on Saturday about decorating a room in pieces -- seeing something you like, buying it, finding other pieces randomly and putting it all together -- or as a whole -- waiting until we know exactly what paint color, floor style, furniture, and art we want, and deliberately shopping for pieces that coordinate with the ideal. What's your preference, all other things being equal? (Which, of course, never happens.)
  8. Spider-Man 3: eh. If it means Sam Raimi gets to bring the sensibility he brought to the first two Spideys to other things, I can be happy leaving the movie franchise where it ends. I agree with Doyce's comment about the over-stuffification, but I have to add that the whole Gwen Stacey subplot also felt superfluous.
  9. More movies and TV shows to add to my ever-growing list of "Must Sees": Hercules, Aliens, and MI-5.
  10. And I just can't get the "Little Einsteins" theme song out of my head. As kids' shows go, though, this is a pretty darn brilliant one. Although you too may find yourself randomly singing lyrics about clapping your hands and balloons to classical music.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ***Dave said...

Speaking of that tile, as much as I can see the benefit of carpet in bedrooms, I just adore the feeling of a cool tile on your bare feet in a bathroom.

I am very much a fan of tile in the bathroom. If nothing else, it makes various water overflows dramatically less panicky and yucky.

5/21/2007 11:44 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Which was totally one of our reasons for replacing the carpet in that room with the pretty tile!

5/22/2007 10:44 AM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

I must see the green tile.

My personal taste is to plan everything and completely transform whatever I'm working on. 1) This never happens. 2) When this never happens, accretion leads to much cooler things.

But I do like to plan.

5/23/2007 7:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home