A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I found 'em!

Hooray, hooray, hooray!

When I was in England, I was in a colleague's home, and fell in love with a gorgeous wall hanging she had in her dining room. It looked like a spray of branches, but up close, turned out to be loads of smaller pieces all fit together in random ways. The best part? They're super-light plastic, so you can easily hang them from transparent fishing wire from the ceiling, as I'd like to do.

Well, I sent in a questions about them to Shelterrific, one of my favorite decorating sites, but didn't get an answer. Today, randomly, I decided to try googling them, without knowing exactly what they're called.

Well, apparently, they're Algues! Algues!Check it out.
The beautiful plant-like Algue element reproduces a delicate branching effect reminiscent of algae twigs. The individual elements are joined together, creating an airy and light structure that can be extended in all directions. The modular character offers many decorative and application possibilities. Thanks to 19 ring-like eyes at the end of their branches, algues can be easily joined together with small plastic pegs at one or several points. In this way, it is possible to construct interwoven structures of substantial dimensions. Potential configurations range from a delicate web that could be used in place of a curtain or as a trellis for climbing plants, to an impenetrably dense plastic hedge consisting of several layers of interconnected algues that serves as a room divider. The amorphous design lets Algue appear like a growing, natural object.
I can get 50 for $200, which should totally work on the big wall in Doyce's living room. Picture when I get home of my colleague's wall, so you see what I mean.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very nifty.

5/22/2007 4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home