A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Getting back on track!

So I've been on a little plateau with my cult lately, seesawing over the same two pounds for the last two months. Up, down, up, down, I blame everything from the altitude, to cold weather and heavy clothes, to no clothes, a big meal, and even, today -- heavy earrings.

Well, I'm putting a stop to it. I've lost a total of 46 pounds so far, but I have about 15 more to go to my goal weight, and I want to hit that. I also want to wear a bikini for the first time since I was a wee child, and I have a beach trip planned for May.

So I'm getting back on track. No more ignoring my points tracker, no more binges on cookies or bread. When I have a business lunch planned, I'll make sure to have a small breakfast, and I WILL get back to eating more fruits and veggies again, instead of just buying them and letting them go bad in the crisper drawer. Hello, apples and grapefruits and celery!

I also need to start seriously training for the Danskin tri I'm planning on doing in July, which means as well as my NIA classes, I need to get back on my bike, go run some runs, and find a new pool to swim in.

Once I have my weight back in control, I can apply that perseverance to other aspects of my life. More on that soon.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ya girl. I have managed to gain back some of the weight that I busted my ass to lose a year ago. and It ends today. No more pop, fancy coffees, and cookies. Hello fruits and veggies. Crazy how when we can smell spring coming we all get super motivated. We have a spring thing coming up Memorial Weekend and I am determined to look as good if not better then all of my friends that are coming. Healthy competition!

3/06/2007 9:38 AM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

Good luck, Kate. I just joined the cult tonight. Got a looong way to go.

3/08/2007 1:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home