A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Question: does American Sign Language translate? I mean, that's what it's called, right? ASL? So when the chick from Babel is signing, does she sign the English words, or the Japanese ones? What about when there's not a gesture for a word, but when you have to spell it out?

Points to ponder.

Go Jennifer Hudson, though! So nice to see someone legitimately enthused by a win.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Sign_Language

2/26/2007 11:36 AM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Hey, all I know is that the Chinese dictionary is organized according to keystrokes. Never mind which one comes first.

2/26/2007 10:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home