A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Exciting things and Ideas

Spent some time this morning (ok, most of the morning) catching up on my blog-reading, had a great lunch with a fellow foreign rights agent/literary agent at one of my favorite restaurants, and am caught up on my reading for Writers Group tonight, so I figure it's well past time for an update of my own.

The most exciting thing to happen recently concerns our new apartment -- we got the keys last night, and I've called the movers and the cable guy, so things are coming along. But also extremely exciting is that I've been asked to participate in the SCBWI Winter Conference as a faculty member, leading a roundtable discussion of authors' material at the pre-conference Writers' Intensive Day on Friday, February 9th. I imagine this as a big room with lots of round tables in it, like the Arthurian court in a mirror maze. (But without the GIANT HANDS!) I'll just be one of many, but I'm really looking forward to it.

... And I ran out of things to talk about.

But oh! Doyce was raving about this book called No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog and I think he should share some of the ideas about what bloggers should write about, and we can all participate. Like, one of the ideas was to write about an interesting scar that you have, and we can all do that. It'll be like an ever-changing meme! And of course, we'll all have to give credit to the (no doubt) brilliant comer-upper of the ideas, Mighty Girl. We can do that, right? After all, she also talks about shopping. And in this run up to Christmas, we all need more ideas, right?

(Also, did ya see how I turned this into something someone else needs to do? I'm a cunning monkey.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home