A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Day!

You know it's going to be a good day when the mariachi band in your subway car in the morning is actually entertaining.

Yesterday was a bit of a blur, a long, somewhat sleep-deprived blur, since I left Denver around midnight on Sunday, had a fitful couple of naps on the plane back home, grabbed a cab back to the apartment for another fitful nap with odd dreams, and pulled myself through a day at the office with the aid only of three cans of soda. God bless caffeine!

I did manage to rally after work, heading home to eat and shower before meeting the erstwhile Blatantly Cody at the publishing reception of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, held at the Society of Illustrators, which was a really cool space, with galleries I'd love to go back and spend some more time looking at someday. Then, it was home to watch Heroes and Studio 60, and finally to the warm, delicious comfort of my cozy bed. Ah!

Today, though, is an exciting day. The roomie and I are heading once more unto the breach (or across the East River, as it may be) to Astoria to sign our new lease, and I think we've figured out all the specifics of exactly when we're going to move. Which means calls to make to our current landlord, movers, cable guy, gas and electric, etc. And that I really need to knuckle down and start some serious packing. Or actually get rid of the bags and bags of clothes I've purged from my closet and dresser to give to Housing Works. Still, it's happening! Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home