A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Early photos

So, the roomie and I went back out to Astoria last night to drop off the rest of the security deposit on our new apartment, and I brought it over to the landlord and was able to see the place again, without the crush of having to make a decision on it, as the decision's already been made! And, though I didn't have my nice camera, I was able to get a few shots from the camera phone, bearing in mind that the people who live there now are in the process of packing up and moving out, so it's a little messy. But you can get a sense of the place.

This is the outside. The building was built in 1932, so it's officially a pre-war building, with 6 units. We're on the top floor, with the front windows, on the right side (if you're looking at it).

This is the living room. The couch is probably going to stay, as is the fantasic color on the walls, which I love.

This will be my room. I don't know if you can see the color of the walls, but they're a great tan, which is set off really well by the white accents. I also love the door into the living room!

The kitchen. It's got a great double sink, with one side twice as deep as the other, and all new appliances. Hopefully, that butcher block will stick around too.
And my favorite, the bathroom. If that shower curtain doesn't stay I'll have to track down its duplicate, because it's perfect!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Very cute but wow tiny :). Congrats. I hope I have the same kind of luck this weekend.

11/15/2006 3:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*squeek*

I LOVE THE KITCHEN TOO.

11/15/2006 4:32 PM

 
Blogger DeAnna said...

Hey...that red's the same color as our library, only we have dark wood trim. I like it!

11/16/2006 8:45 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Very cool.

11/16/2006 9:35 AM

 
Blogger Ali said...

Super cute! I love the moulding (is that the right word/spelling? I'm not implying "molding") in the bedroom and the adorable chair to the right of the leather sofa. If that stays and you don't want it, I'm putting in a bid!

11/16/2006 8:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home