A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Apartment Hunt Update

The roomie and I spent most of yesterday and this afternoon out apartment hunting in Astoria, and though we didn't find anything perfect, I am feeling a lot more confident about our possibilities. We met with something like five different brokers, I think, and actually saw 4 or 5 different apartments. All nice, for a change, with some real possibilities to them, but nothing we couldn't stand to be without. We were able to find something in all of them we liked, and somethng in all of them that made our decision a "no." One was too far from a train, a couple were railroad setups that required walking through one bedroom to get out of the other, and one was just tiny. But still -- some real possibilities, and I feel confident that our price range is realistic, and that we'll find something by the time we need to. We're actually looking a little early, but because I'm going to be out of town next weekend, I'm glad we got the ball rolling already.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home