A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Whatda ya know?

Frankfurt IS scenic!

Met Doyce at the airport this morning and was able to come back to the hotel, let him shower and all that, and then we briefly strolled among the crafty shops at the Messe before taking the S-Bahn to Romerberg, where I had again the delicious sausage plate I enjoyed last year. So much better in the daytime, with the town hall across the square striking the hour, the sun on my back, and someone across the table to enjoy it with.

After our yummy meal, we did quick, drive-by tourist stops at two churches, went for a walk along the Ziel shopping street, saw the Opera House, got some yummy ice cream, and then took the U-Bahn back to the hotel to grab our bags and head BACK to the airport.

Where, while I was typing some of the above, our cabby dropped us off at the wrong terminal, and we had to hustle over to Terminal 2, and begin the long process of multiple lines, security checkpoints, and some very friendly/ticklish frisking.

Finishing this now in a very empty departure lounge at the gate, without ANY amenities. And I'd say I would kill for an ice cold diet coke (with ice!) except I think I'd be tackled by some over-zealous Germans if I tried to make that joke. Ah well. They better have beverage service on the plane, that's all I can say!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home