A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Where the heck have I been?

I am feeling remiss in my blogging duties, and shall endeavor to get all up-to-date and stuff.

Friday! Long hard day at work (sort of -- I mostly worked on revising HtDaS. It's so close I can taste it!), and then I met the lovely and talented MJ at a shindig hosted by Yi Shun in a rooftop garden near the Manhattan Bridge. MJ chose to focus on the shop nearby selling live chickens, I prefer to remember the jungle atmosphere. Although, bars like that remind me just how darn glad I am that NYC's gone smoke free.

Afterwards, MJ and I spent a donkey's age getting back uptown, including what I believe was a ten or twelve mile hike upstairs from the world's deepest subway. I may exagerate. Still -- I felt justified in getting ice cream afterwards, and then headed home, where we were met by the roomie and our buddy Jay for a stirring game of Game. Now available online for your work-avoiding pleasure!

Saturday morning, at the crack of dawn (again, see above re: exageration), I roused MJ from her nest of pillows on our living room floor, and she and I met the Harlem Snowflake for the Revlon Run/Walk. Started off in Times Square with about 40,000 other folks, and finished up in Central Park some 3 odd miles later. Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to donate to the cause.

Took it easy the rest of the day -- had some lunch, watched some tv, played more Game, took a nap (ah! delicious nap!) and enjoyed some CoH time in the evening. Got Superspeed on my little Slayer, which may just be the funnest thing. Zoom!

Sunday, I slept in. Got caught up on Doctor Who and a couple of my other shows, got my nails done to be ready for spring sandals, read some of the Egyptian mystery by Elizabeth Peters I'm currently enjoying, and did a bit more work on HtDaS. (Again, tasting it!) Finally ended the night with some dastardly villainy and a very pretty new power. It's all purply!

Finally, to today, Monday, getting a pile of stuff off my desk, chatting with my sister, going to the (boo! hiss!) dentist, and looking forward to the Munchies tonight.

What have YOU been up to lately?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Friday, we tore out of town on my old vintage military Indian. The weather was cold, but with some heavy biking leathers, a good helmet, and someone's arms wrapped around your chest from behind, you don't really notice.

Got down to Durango late that night, grabbed a hotel room and fell asleep watching a daily show rerun.

Plan for Saturday was easy: Turn north and ride right up through the heart of the Rockies. Did that, and we made it to the Angie Stevens open-air concert in Aspen with time to shop and eat. The beer was good, the music was better, and the leather boots were on sale.

Leisurely ride back down into the city on Sunday. Mid-afternoon barbecue with friends, music playing in the background.

Nice quiet Sunday evening with nothing to do but curl up on the couch.

Yeah... good weekend.

((Alternately, I did this and this, which was also good.))

5/08/2006 1:26 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

What I did is way too boring in comparison to what you and Doyce had, so I'm gonna make something up.

I imploded. But then I got better.

5/10/2006 11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home