A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

This is the kind of day I've had...

Sleep in.

Get happy little wake up call.

Go back to sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep.

Wake up, putter around apartment.

Go out into the bitter February cold to pick up various birthday and engagement gifts. Find new location for photo shop where I can get prints of the many various pictures I take. Get a cool panoramic print of this shot.

Come home, warm up with tea and cookies.

Watch Veronica Mars.

Then another episode.

Ok, one more.

Eat dinner, get changed for Timothy and Jen's party.

Brave the frigid crosstown winds.

Party. Hardy.

Come home.

More tea, more VM.

All in all, a good day. What did you do?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing day! I'm sorry about your weather...it's gotten all the way down to the high 50's here in California! Wow! Might have to not wear shorts!

And that is a fanTAStic shot! What a cool design (pardon the pun) in the snow!

Myself? I pitched batting practice to my 6-year old son, and we got very excited when he tattooed one across the street, in the air, to land in the yard of our busybody across-the-street neighbors. We paced it off...ninety feet!

And I wrestled with my children and once again proved my dominance. My daughter is still small enough that my one hand can tickle both armpits simultaneously.

And...read some of Asimov's Foundation's Edge for the hundredth time.

But mostly, visited with my brother-in-law and his daughter who came over in the afternoon and stayed for dinner.

Then played some CoH.

(I also had a nice time with my wife, but I shall not go into details about it here.)

2/19/2006 4:07 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Sleep in late.

Breakfast out with friends.

Errands.

Unexpected work. Chat with boss on phone.

A bit of CoH.

Dinner party.

Sleep, etc.

Get up early (middle of the night) for business conference call due to big system cutover/conversion/migration.

Go back to sleep.

2/19/2006 4:11 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Because of the TF the night before...

Slept in late. Even through the power going out.

Did some putzing around the condo.

Did 2 loads of laundry.

Went out to get food from the store.

Found some great avocadoes and made a killer guac with them.

Almost finished off the "Empty the freezer of things" Hunter stew that I made during the week.

Noticed that I need to make some green chili some time soon.

Played CoH...which turned in to the day of really bad PuG's and lot's of debt. Which ended with Zot and The Tactician getting gak'd in the room of death...several times.

2/19/2006 2:50 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Slept til alarm sounded.

Checked blogs and email, then logged on CoH for an hour before work to try to get the last bubble to level my Kheld.

Went to work for 8 hours, where, between doing job-like things, I managed to write three more pages for a story I'm working on for Zeph.

Came home, logged on CoH for a bit, and still didn't ding the Kheld. (which sounds strangely kinky, in a way) Then got Tactician out and teamed for a while with a certain ice corrupter.
Much fun was had.

Tact joined Zot, after getting a new (2nd)outfit, and proceeded into the room o death. Still have debt, but the nearly 3 full bubbles from the one mission more than makes up for it.

Logged out of game, and logged out for the night also.

2/19/2006 3:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home