A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow day!

Snow!


And it's still coming down, which is fun. It's piled up at least a foot deep in places, more when the snow plow pushes it around. Beautiful. And cosy to sit and watch from the warmth and safety of the apartment.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hythian said...

Do you get enough snow on balconies or fire escapes or window sills that you could make little tiny mini-snowpeople?

Three little snowballs all rolled up and stacked togethor with small buttons for eyes and a baby carrot for a nose?

2/12/2006 9:23 PM

 
Blogger Day of the Hero said...

Nice. Living in Canada, and being born in Quebec, I know all about snow.

I want to ski now.

2/12/2006 10:21 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

We got a ton of snow on the windowsills and the fire escape. Enough to make not-so-tiny snowpeoples, definitely!

I've never been skiing myself, but I bet there were people shushing through Central Park today on cross-country skis. I know I saw folks sledding -- one dad was pulling his daughter across 2nd Avenue. It was adorable!

2/12/2006 11:02 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Here, another visual. Check it out.

2/12/2006 11:22 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Wow....

Nice.

2/12/2006 11:43 PM

 
Blogger nobody said...

I hate snow. Ew. Bleh. Just looking at those pictures makes me want a cup of hot cocoa.

2/13/2006 1:51 AM

 
Blogger ***Dave said...

Could use more snow than we've gotten, and there's something very nice about lots and lots of snow out the windows -- as long as you can stay on that side of the glass.

2/13/2006 12:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home