A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tuesday ramblings

She stares at the blank space on her computer screen, willing the words to come. Surely, she thinks, if I just wait long enough, inspiration will strike. The minutes tick by... tick... tick... tick... marked by the tiny digital clock in the corner of her screen, always a few minutes off from the clock on her telephone, which is off from the one on her wrist. Where do all those little minutes go? Between "I have plenty of time" and "Oh no, I'm late"?

She stares at the pile of papers on her desk, not getting any smaller in just the looking at them. She needs to actually read them, to decide how she feels about someone else's writing. Instead, though, she wants to think about her own.

Tick... tick... tick...

She feels that tug of inspiration, drawing her to write, to create. Is it worthy? Will they like it?

Does it matter?



Yeah, sometimes I do just babble on, don't I?

2 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*laughs*

Babbling is still writing.

9/13/2005 12:28 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I hate that feeling. I found a fun thing called "The Observation Deck." It's a deck of cards; each with a suggestion of something to write about. Helped me a lot during some of these times.

You can order it from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0811814815/qid=1126634378/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-7692528-2227931?v=glance&s=books

9/13/2005 2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home