A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I should mention...

... that despite my earlier post I'm no longer doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Not because it's a bad charity (it isn't), or because I'm lazy (I'm not, usually), but because the organizers of the event require all participants to raise a minimum of $1,800 in order to participate. Which, after my earlier charitable efforts this year for the Revlon Run/Walk, and coupled with the Danskin Tri, is just way too much. So I'm putting a cap on my fundraising efforts for them now (they can keep my $55 registration fee), and will try to figure out a way to get those folks who already donated to have their money applied towards my friend Matt's efforts.

And I suddenly have another lovely free weekend to enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home