A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Happy updates

When my little blog existed on Diaryland, I found that it felt like more than enough to update it every week or so, every couple of days at the most. Here though, where I know (or think I know) that there's a whole wonderful group of folks reading and commenting, and (if they're anything like me with other people's blogs) checking it regularly, I want to update more frequently. So, yes, some of what I throw up here may be useless crap, but some, I hope, may spark some fun "conversations." Or whatever we call the chain comment-leaving that we do.

I finished a first draft of the non-fiction proposal I'd been working on for the last week, and gave it to a few people for comments. I'm nervous, certainly, but I think there's a real great idea in it, and I would love -- for oh-so-many reasons -- to make it work. The main criticism I've received so far was a vague unease with the amount of "me" in it, but I think that's part of my plan. (Not the unease, the me-ness.) Or I want it to be, to judge by some of the other books I'm using as examples. Does that make any sense?

No, of course not, because you have no idea WHAT I'm talking about. Sorry. Ignore me. Go about your business.

13 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

chuckles at the ramblings of a happy, yet confused author...

If you want...shoot me a short blurb, since I am curious as to what it is about.

9/09/2005 10:49 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Well, I'm not *quite* ready to do that yet, but I will tell you it's got something to do with us. I mean, not "Us" us. Just, you know. Us.

babbles some more

9/09/2005 11:02 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Ahhh...

So, more or a Biography then. Well, I would think that the more of "You" you put into it the better then.

9/09/2005 11:30 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Yeah, I just got some more feedback, and that's the general consensus now. More of me. Which -- yay! People like reading about me! And there's much more fun to be had with it, I think. More than any staid non-fiction social study. If I tell you a possible title I'm throwing around is "How to Date a Superhero", does that give you a better idea of where I'm going with this?

9/09/2005 11:35 AM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Yes....and very nice.

9/09/2005 11:43 AM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Cool. Can't wait to hear more about this!

9/09/2005 1:11 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I don't think the cliche "write what you know" is wrong; authors always put something of themeselves in everything they write. And if this particular piece has more than usual of you in it, then so be it. Write what comes to you, and worry about the criticisms later.

9/09/2005 4:11 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Thanks Ted! And welcome on finding your way over here! I gather Alisha sent you?

9/09/2005 4:32 PM

 
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Sorta; just followed the comments you've left on her site.

9/09/2005 5:17 PM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

"How to Date a Superhero?" Well, you've got me damn curious, at least!

Hi KT -- I didn't know you were blogging until just today!

9/09/2005 7:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool title ("htdas" i mean). feels like an interesting blog. i shall be back to read more. btw, i stumbled upon you from oneword.com having enjoyed your stab at "leap".

9/10/2005 6:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meant to say: anyway, nice oneword. btw, do you "cheat" and see the word then return? or just "post in the moment"?

9/10/2005 6:56 AM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

No cheating here! That would be wrong!

Anyway, thanks! And welcome to my little world. Feel free to check back often.

9/10/2005 10:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home