A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Remembering

There are some things that are hard for me to write about, to talk about. My dad's death when I was a teenager, the recent devastation of New Orleans, and 9/11 are pretty much on the top of that list right now. Needless to say, 9/11 is a topic of much conversation right now here in New York, and I'm sure a lot of people -- good people, strong people -- are writing about it and sharing their experiences. I'm not sure I'm there yet.

What I can do is share this. Personal recollections from one of my favorite bloggers and favorite authors, Meg Cabot.

Happier thoughts soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

*hugs*

9/12/2005 10:51 AM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Everyone, I think, has some things in their lives that are hard for them to talk about, that affect them deeply.

That said, I look forward to the day when you can write about it.

Until then, I second BD's suggestion of *hugs*

9/12/2005 2:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think everything has its place and time. you'll find yours regarding these things when it's "right". more hugs from me..

oh, and i liked your oneword re "vein". took me by surprise a little: didn't expect something quite so dark from you..

9/13/2005 9:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lovely,

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I'm feeling quite the same way-- I avoid the news entirely because I just can't take any more hurt in the world right now. I guess I'm trying to tell you that you're not alone in what you're feeling.

Big Hugs from me too...

9/15/2005 8:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home