A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Feeling a little guilty

Ok, so I'm sitting here, still in my pajamas (because it's Saturday, and I can do that), paying someone to clean my apartment while I browse the 'net. Actually, this is better than before, when she was cleaning my bedroom while I sat in the living room watching tv. And not just any tv, but TLC's "Clean Sweep." There's just levels and levels of irony or something there.

Anyway, I have to call the girls and get things organized for later. We're going to the Guinness Oyster Fest up in Riverside Park to enjoy some sun, booze, and Irish music. Later, there'll be more music indoors. And I think a crafts festival. All I'm saying is, it'll be a busy, fun-filled day.

Oh!! And because this never happens, I have to brag that I won not one, but TWO games of Catan last night. Two! (Oh, and that's a link to the online version, though we play the old fashion board game, albeit one with all the expansion packs: Seafarers and Cities & Knights, as well.) Go me!

6 Comments:

Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Mmmmm....Dripping with Irony....almost Alanis levels of Irony.

Catan...great game. Except we play it modified. You deal out all of the tiles and the number pieces and take turns placing everything. A lot of fun and a much more of a challenge. We call it "Islands of Catan". To build Bridges you use a rock (towers), a mud (road base), and a Sheep (the suspension).

The funny part was that when I showed my parents the game, I had to read the rules.

"I thought that you played this game a lot?"

"I do....just not with the rules that came with the game."

So...Yay! and Huzzah! on your two Victories KTBuffy!

9/10/2005 2:14 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

*laughs*

Wow. I can only imagine how much longer that version of the game takes. The first game last night went quickly enough -- less than 2 hours -- that we decided on the second. And, well, around 3 hours later, when one of the players was sleeping on the floor between her turns, I was able to take advantage of her sleepiness for the win. Mwahahaha!

9/10/2005 3:10 PM

 
Blogger Boulder Dude said...

Wow...that long?

Usually our games take an hour or less...long games are two.

9/10/2005 4:20 PM

 
Blogger Hythian said...

Woot! So you were two for two last night then? Not just two wins then, but you swept the whole evening it sounds.

I can't remember how long my Catan games went since it has been so long since I have played it.

I haven't played the Seafarers expansion as much as the the Knights and Castles one, got them sort of out of order like that.

It is a helluva fun game though.

9/10/2005 7:11 PM

 
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Oh, see, it takes even longer when you add not only the Cities and Knights expansion, but the Seafarers, too. And you have undiscovered country. And my friend likes to play to the tunes of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, for her sailors are always drunk as they search for gold.

Gold, in them thar hills. Gold!

9/11/2005 12:31 AM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

Catan is online? Cool.

Our games are usually pretty short, but we do the bare-bones, by the rules thing. Boulder dude's variation sounds like tons o fun.

9/11/2005 8:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home