A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Teen angst & getting old

So, I'm getting old. No excuses, no regrets. I think I just found a grey hair. I need to get my hairdresser on the line pronto.

Wait -- Does that sounds like an excuse?

Because it's so not. I happily admit my age and celebrate every single one of my birthdays, but there's no need to go about reveling in the grey, is there? No. No, there is not. 'Sides, it's not a cool Rogue-y stripe, just one hair. Which I plucked. So there.

What else is going on since last I wrote? Well, I'm less angst-y, that's for sure. If it happens, it will happen. And maybe neither of us were entirely clear about what we wanted when we met, but nobody's burning any bridges and saying we can't try again in the future.

In fact, the Fenians girl I "picked up" at their New York concert last month, who I saw when I was in Boston, emailed me earlier this week that the Fenians will be in Boston for a three day Irish music festival in June, and did I want to go up and stay with her? And I'm kinda thinking yes. That would be fun!

And maybe, in the back of my head, is the teensy-weensy little thought that I could see Glow Boy again, maybe spend more time together that isn't with ALL of our bestest friends. But it's just a little thought for now. Still months away.

Between now and then, though, is the Revlon Run/Walk on April 30th, which I'm going to do again. For some annoying reason, their website's not letting me edit my fundraising page as I would like, so all I can do is direct you to the nonedited, standard page. Won't you stop by and make a donation? I'm really trying to grow my collection of Revlon-themed bags. Oh. And it's for an actual worthy cause, too.

That's all I can think of to write for now. I've got a little gnome with a silver hammer banging on the back of my skull, trying to get out, and the two little Motrins I took have so far not had any effect on him. And I need him out, because MMJ (do I add an initial every time I write about her, or am I just going crazy?) and I are going to a "Teen Angst Poetry" night. Teehee! It's for a book party.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home