A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Vegas Recap

Possibly you've been sitting at your computer for days, wondering how I got on in Vegas. Well, devoted readers of my blog (all five of you), fear not! I have returned, ready to dish some dirt.

Actually, I must save some of the dirt for others. Clearly, as in the case with any vacation of a number of people, not all the stories are mine to tell. And especially in a city that prides itself on its motto, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

So, just a couple of comments:


Dear Tom Jones,
Wow. What can I say, but Wow? Man, for an older guy, you've got game. Hope you don't mind if I'm never one of those women throwing panties and hotel room keys up on stage at you, but we had an awesome time at your concert anyway. And stellar backing band, man. Your horn section rocked.
Sincerely, ktbuffy

Dear House of Blues,
Great band Saturday night, guys, and I appreciated the scene. What I didn't appreciate was the lack of chairs. I mean, really, nowhere to sit? No bar stools, no ledges, no open tables tucked into corners for the paying audience. And you think this is acceptable? I'm only allowed to rest my feet if I'm a VIP, huh? Well, thanks but no thanks. First you take my bottle of beer and pour it into a cheap plastic cup, then you deny me a bar stool. Guess I'll go looking for my next beer somewhere else, thank you very much.
Regards, ktbuffy

To my gal pals and fellow Vegas adventurers,
Thanks for a lovely weekend. I would have loved for all of us to have been able to hang out together in the spa, but I'm certainly glad we went anyway. Fun with hockey boys - always entertaining! And yummy, amazing meals. Congrats to our big winners. Way to go!
Cheers, ktbuffy


There's more to say, I'm sure, but I'm getting hungry, so it must be lunchtime. Watch this space as March ticks closer and closer to St. Patrick's Day, the return of Schmoopie, and my real, live date with my fake internet boyfriend.

Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home