A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Answers to all your questions revealed!

It's the first day of Spring, and I'm busting out all over with plans and ideas and things to say! So let's get cracking!

First of all, my friend Ana in Serbia sent me the following "get to know you better" questionnaire, and rather than just respond directly to her, I figured I'd post my answers for the intellectual gratification of my reading public. Here goes!

1. What time did you get up this morning?
8:03 am, 8:12am, 8:21am, 8:30am, and 8:39am, or thereabouts, when I finally stopped snoozing my alarm and jumped in the shower, though not before checking my email. (Yes, I'm obsessive. I know. Get over it.)

2. Diamonds or pearls?
Diamonds are a girl's best friend. Everyone knows that.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
I'm pretty sure it was "The Aviator." But the roomie and I rented "Shaun of the Dead" this weekend, which was, as all reports had claimed, hysterically funny.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

5. What did you have for breakfast?
Egg and cheese on a plain bagel.

6. What's your middle name?
Elizabeth.

7. What is your favorite cuisine?
Probably Italian.

8. What foods do you dislike?
Vegetables. No, no, fine. Squirmy things: oysters, octopi, eggplant. Also, anything vegan, or part of that raw foods craze.

9. What is your favorite chip flavor?
This is a very European question, where I know the answer is supposed to be salt n' vinegar, or beefsteak, or some other flavor of potato chip. But I like to be contrary, so. . . white chocolate chip.

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
American Idiot by Green Day. Makes me want to bop my head and be subversive.

11. What kind of car do you drive?
The number 6 Lexington Avenue local. Ok, not really.

12. Favorite sandwich?
I'm currently enamored of the chicken roll at my local pizza place, but a perennial fave is ham and cheese on a bagel. Or peanut butter and jelly. Or tuna fish.

13. What characteristics do you despise?
I have to go with Ana here and agree: genuine stupidity. But that's mostly 'cause I'm not so smart, and can't think of things on my own. Duh.

14. Favorite item of clothing?
Kicky shoes.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
So many places! A tropical island, where I could sit by the beach and drink frosty beverages, go snorkeling, and swing in a hammock. Cornwall, to explore. Ireland, to revisit some of my favorite places and discover new ones. Prague, Vienna, Berlin, and Budapest, to see what remains of old-world Europe. Manchu Pichu, because it looks ethereal.

16. What colour is your bathroom?
Mediterranean breeze. (It's light blue.)

17. Favorite brand of clothing?
Currently, Banana Republic. But I change my mind every so often.

18. Where would you retire to?
Retire? I wish! But I wouldn't mind having a house near a beach and a pub to sit in and write.

19. Favorite time of day?
Evening. After the hard work of the day is done, and there's nothing to worry about except relaxing, being with friends, enjoying some solitude, and getting ready for a good night's sleep in my big ole comfy bed.

20. What was your most memorable birthday?
Sure, I have some short term memory loss, but going out with friends last year for what was supposed to be a nice dinner, getting jerked around by the waitstaff and manager, and picking up our party of 12 to go to a local dive bar and BBQ joint, where they gave us 7 fishbowls full of alcohol.

21. Where were you born?
Westchester County, NY.

22. Favorite sport to watch?
Football, I guess, since I understand it a little better now that I've played some. Or, ummm… ice skating?

23. What fabric detergent do you use?
Whatever's in the house.

24. Coke or Pepsi?
Sigh. I gave them both up last year. But I used to be a Coke girl.

25. What makes you most happy about the world?
My friends.

26. What makes you most sad about the world?
Being alone in it, when I allow myself to feel morose.

27. What do you order at a coffee shop?
English breakfast tea.

End.

So, there's that. A little more about me than you might have known previously.

In other news, I had a fun encounter this weekend with the swell guy who designed my rockin' new banner - to whom I should totally have given props to previously. Keen, you rocked my little website! Thanks!

Anyway, so he was online this weekend, playing the video game with me and Glow Boy and a bunch of other people/characters. At one point, after I referred to the aforementioned Glow Boy as "Glow Boy," and not one of my many other nicknames for him, Keen sent me a private message - "So, is this the guy you talk about on your blog?"

And my little worlds collided. I'd forgotten I'd given Keen the address of this site, which I'd otherwise figured was only known to a few friends. But, really, do I mind? No. Hell no. I'm tickled pink that anyone takes the time to read what I'm posting here. I'm a writer, after all. I want to be read. I was just a little shocked, I guess. Crash! Boom! Separate worlds, meet each other. But isn't that what this coming weekend is all about, anyway? I'm meeting Glow Boy. Finally. Face to face. And his friends. People that I've only talked to online, whom I'll finally be able to see in person, and in some cases, learn their real names. And I can't wait! MJ insists the countdown is on, and I guess it is. 5 days til I see him, see if this thing gets any better than an email correspondence.

So, Keen, yes. That's him. I'll keep ya posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home