A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Monday afternoon ramblings

Sitting here at work on a quiet Monday afternoon, just looking forward to the end of the day. I was supposed to go out with a co-worker this evening to the movies, but when she cancelled this morning, I was rather relieved. I mean, I want to spend time with her, but after a hectic, busy weekend, I'm looking forward to having a night to just veg out and relax.

No CoH , even. Keeley's got a new game, Worlds of Warcraft (and yeah, I'm too lazy to link to it... oh, ok, fine. Here .) and he's eager to play it. And since his computer is the gaming one, I have to find other ways to occupy my time.

I have a movie borrowed from the library , so I'll likely settle on the couch with that, maybe read a submission or two for work. Or... brilliant idea! Actually go to bed early and catch up on my sleep. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I'm exhausted. I'm sure it's a result of my crazy weekend, which, since I haven't mentioned before...

Band tour bus.

Yep. Although no singing of "Hold me close, young Tony Danza," to my regret. And I met another person to see in Boston, a fellow Fenians fan named Kelly, who crashed at our apartment after her friend bailed on her at the concert.

And speaking of Boston... I want to say I'm in love. I'm not, I don't think. I mean, I can't be. I haven't even met the guy, officially, but it just feels so... exciting. So thrilling. So full of possibilities. We chat via email all day, and in between random comments, jokes, questions, and answers, he says things that make me want to pick up the phone and just talk to him. To really know him. To explain to him what I feel, and that I've never felt this way before. But I'm in that gooey phase of a new relationship (or so I've heard, having little practical experience of my own to draw on) when it all feels so fresh and exciting! When anything could happen, and you want it to. And of course, I don't want to freak him out or scare him off. Man, this dating thing is treacherous!

There's a weird thing happening where I see myself edging closer to my character in my Nanowrimo novel, who imagines all these fantasies about her life. Well, I can see all these things happening with Glow Boy, see all these scenarios going down. And no, I'm not just talking about sex. I had a - was it a dream? A daydream? A directed fantasy? - about not just meeting him, but meeting all his friends too, and being welcomed into their group. And I liked it. Of course I liked it. Who wouldn't? I guess I am just that cockeyed optimist I told him I was, seeing all the positives and not thinking about the negative.

I got another picture from him the other day, and was honestly a little relieved that he wasn't as cute as I first thought he was in the first photo he sent me. I mean, he's attractive. At least, I think he is, but it was a bit of a relief, really, to see that he's not the studly sex god I've sort of build him up to be in my mind. Seeing him in that photo, with a bad (well, not great) hairstyle, looking short - I was relieved. I'm not trolling for compliments when I say that seeing him there, I thought him completely within my... not grasp... within my reach... what's the word? I thought this was someone that wasn't too hot for me.

But I guess we'll see for certain next Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home