A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Christmas Shopping Ideas

Almost Turkey Day, and therefore, of course, it's time for another fun collection of links I like. This time, in celebration of the season (and if you have any doubt which season I could possibly be referring to, check out the windows of your local Rite-Aid, Duane Reade, or CVS), I'm delighted to present a few snappy gift ideas for your resident Reluctant Diva, aka ME.

No need to take any of these completely serious, of course, but if you're looking for a fun present -- and who doesn't want a toy? -- you couldn't go wrong with this. It's smile time, baby!

There's always my Amazon wish list, or you could stretch the horizons, and check out this little goodie. In black, of course. I don't need it, but when did "need" ever come into it?

I like the high tech stuff, too, in case you were curious. I borrowed a friend's camera for my recent trip north, and I wouldn't mind having one just like it for myself. (Actually, that may not be just like it, but it's close, or better, or I'll correct the link later.)

I need a few things around the little abode too. I'm still using the towels I brought with me to college (eons ago), so some new ones would not go amiss. I'm open on color ideas -- I was thinking of painting part of the bathroom blue, so that might work, or maybe a nice melon. Wouldn't mind some new dishtowels for the kitchen either. Something that doesn't show dirt would be ideal.

What else? How about a set of training sessions at my gym? Eh, I'm not entirely enthused about that one. I'd rather have these. I think I wear a size 9, in case you were curious.

After shoes, I understand diamonds are a girl's best friend. No pressure, of course. I'm more a silver kind of girl anyway. Maybe these, to match my necklace?

And one cannot underestimate the power of entertainment. Won't you take someone you love to the movies today?

That's all I could come up with today. I'm sure there's more... but I'll get back to you later. Happy Turkey Day!!

GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home