A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Octoberfest!!

It's a new month, and, I guess, now officially fall. Sure, the whole vernal equinox thing was a few days ago, but when it's still September I can pretend we're closer to Labor Day than Halloween. Not so much anymore. Now, a girl's thoughts turn to costumes, and jack o' lanterns, and candy corn. Yummmmmm... candy corn.

What else am I looking forward to this month? Ummm (geek alert!)... the Farscape miniseries. (I tried to put a banner up here, but can't figure out the technical aspects!)

And of course, my upcoming trip to Nova Scotia for the Celtic Colours Festival. Plus, I'm going to do some biking and hiking and dancing and drinking, and all sorts of fun! Which reminds me, I should probably make sure my press credentials are all in order... Must call the guy about the thing. How's that for vague?

Yup, by this time next week I'll be up in Canada -- our neighbor to the north. Still a ton of stuff to do before I go, of course -- laundry, shopping, packing -- but with each day that passes I get a little more excited! Sing it with me: "Vacation, all I ever wanted, vacation, had to get away!"

Oh, which reminds me -- had a great time last time out with the girls at the East Side Joshua Tree, which featured 80s music videos all night on several screens. The drunken we got (on $4 drinks specials, courtesy of Shecky's), the louder we sang to the hits of our impressionable youth. It was all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home