A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, April 05, 2004

Looking for a prince... or a hellboy

I forgot, or rather woke up too late, to write my morning pages today, but figured I'd update my little blog instead. Not three pages worth -- never fear! -- but a paragraph or two on the latest and greatest adventures of Kate.

Had a lovely, relaxing weekend full of entertainment. Friday night, Keeley and I saw Hellboy which was an excellent movie and apparently a great adaptation of the comic book. Saturday, Stacey and I saw the slightest less well-done, but still damn entertaining The Prince and Me. We had some issues with Julia Stiles' character's decisions, but all in all, a good time. And what I want to know is -- where's my prince? I mean, hello? I'm right here, just waiting for a lusty royal to sweep me off my feet. Any day, boys...

Saturday night, Stacey and I went out to my favorite Mexican restaurant for my friend Judythe's birthday, and then to Queens (I know -- Queens!) to an Irish bar called Tailor's Hall to hear the band mr north. Not like the Prodigals and the McCabes -- mr north played U2-esque Irish rock, rather than traditional music. Would have loved to stay for the whole set, but we didn't have a place to sit, and Stacey wasn't feeling well, so we called it an early night and came home.

Sunday, we braved the Lower East Side and the Orchard Street bargain district for corsets to wear with the dresses for Stacey's wedding. We headed, appropriately enough, to Orchard Corset, where an older man sized us up and procured the proper sizes, with minor modifications for such inconsequentials as breathing and all that. Still -- yay! I have a new corset. It's very pretty. And, funnily enough, reminds me that I want to email a certain British gentleman who'll be attending Stacey and Richard's wedding next month.

And that, aside from a couple of hours reading and watching tv, was my weekend. With only four days to go until the next one. Say it with me now: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home