A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, March 22, 2004

I survived a media blackout! Ask me how!

Well, I made it through my 48 hour media blackout. Did it kill me? No. Did it make me stronger? Maybe. Long term fallout is yet to be determined. The fact is, I survived without TV or books, spending time instead writing, playing The Game with friends, or sleeping. There was a LOT of sleeping. A few other things filled my weekend as well: hitting the gym, going to a museum, walking through the park, cooking... All good stuff. On a longer blackout period (not that I'm requesting that, don't get any ideas Kyrra!), I think I'd get more writing done, but I got to a good place with the sequel to The King's Sister , as well as getting some writing done on Afterwards. Not the 10 pages I'd hoped for, but something, at least. So.... it's all good. And now I can read my Entertainment Weekly article on Hugh Jackman, review a manuscript for work, hit the library at lunchtime to pick up a couple of DVDs, and catch up on last night's Alias. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home