A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Laissez le bon temps roulez!

I'm in a very good, hyper mood today. Why? #1 - It's Keeley's birthday, and we all know how I feel about birthdays! I sang ye olde standard "Happy Birthday to you!" to him on his way to the bathroom this morning. I'm pretty sure he was awake enough to appreciate it. #2 - I made it to the gym last night for the first time in ages, and despite the soreness in my arms, I'm feeling pretty good! I re-upped my membership with New York Sports Clubs , and even got a cheaper rate than what I was previously paying. Go me! #3 - It's Mardi Gras!! Ok, I'm not in New Orleans, and nobody's tossing me beads for showing off my breasts, but really, isn't that a good thing? Tonight's Geekfest, actually, which is as far socially as you can possibly get from a Mardi Gras celebration, but it's a nice way of celebrating the aforementioned #1, Keeley's birthday. Besides, I made cookies! Delicious, delicious cookies!

Actually, it's shaping up to be a pretty busy week. Last night, I met with my new trainer, tonight's Geekfest, tomorrow I have to get back to the gym to get my new membership card and photo taken (as well as work out), Thursday is the Jones New York Signature Launch party at Macy's, where I get my $150 gift certificate prize for my "Signature Style" essay, Friday a bunch of us are going to see Spoiled Rotten at O'Flanagan's, and then Saturday is The Fenians' show at Rocky Sullivans! Plus, Stacey will be back for most of that. Yippie! I miss you, schmooopie!

In other news, as I received my Angel Season Two DVD present on my birthday, I heard the bad news that the show's being cancelled. Rat phooey! If you're a petition-signing, letter-writing type of person, you may want to check out the site SupportAngel.org. As their logo goes: "Love the show? Show the love!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home