A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Planning my birthday festivities

It's up! You've just got to check out the Reluctant Divas for all the latest news of my training regimen! In related news, Yi Shun, Elena, and I were enjoying a few cocktails at Trinity and discussing Yi Shun's novel last night whilst complaining that I hadn't heard from my Diva trainer, when who should call but the man himself! We've plans to meet next Tuesday for a get-together training session, and see where that takes us. Looks like after a slow start, I'm about to get serious about getting ready for this tri.

In other fun news, it's almost my birthday!!! Yay! I love this day. I mean, really. I'm so not one of those women who hates all mention of her birthday and refuses to acknowledge her age. Bring it on, baby! And while you're at it, bring on the presents, and the parties, and the cupcakes, and the cards... it's all good! So far, I'm planning a little swing dancing on Friday, dinner with friends on Saturday, lunch with my mom on Monday, and then, in two weeks, a Fenians concert at Rocky Sullivan's. Stacey will be back by then, though Maureen is currently locked in a castle in Scotland for the next 23 days. Last time the Fenians were in NYC, Terry called me to make sure I was coming, and I promised to do so and bring a "vertible horde" of friends. Well, I did it then, and I'm hoping to do so again.

Nothing really new going on in the boy situation. I had a horrendously uncomfortable date the other week, but I'm meeting another guy for drinks tomorrow, actually, who's a friend of Stacey's sister. We met at a party a couple of months ago, and have finally arranged to meet up again. We'll see how this one goes. I feel a little like the title of Adam Sandler's new movie (if not the plot): "50 First Dates." Will I ever make it to a second date with a guy I'm interested in? Not yet, but here's hoping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home