A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, February 02, 2004

Boobgate

Well, the New England Patriots won the Superbowl, but all everyone's talking about is how Justin Timberlake flashed Janet Jaskson's boob in the halftime show. In more intellectual news, last night I went to the first meeting of my new writers' group, the GiveEasy Girls, which Kyrra is leading. So far, so good! I feel creative, and had a great morning, getting up early to do "Morning Pages" -- three pages written in longhand first thing in the morning which should serve to clear your mind for the day, and begin the process of making time for writing. Which I did! One of my big goals for the group is to work on the three or four novels I have begun writing, and to finish one of them. If I tell myself it's doable, it is. The main thing is just to be writing. And in a way, even this is helping. Getting me thinking, putting words down for someone else to read and look at.

And speaking of reading, I'm putting the finishing touches on my first article for the Divas in the Dirt. Yi Shun should have the new website up in a few days, and then I'll have to tell everyone to check it out there. Until then, I guess I should do some work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home