A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Friday, March 19, 2004

Counting down to no tv time

It's just past 2:30pm. Less than 9 1/2 hours until I begin a 48-hour media deprivation experiment dictated by my creativity group. No tv, no radio, no movies, no video games, no web surfing, no newspapers, no books, no magazines. No idea how I'm going to fill 48 hours.

I do have a glimmer of a plan, though. We're supposed to use the time we'd otherwise spend on passive entertainment to write, or be otherwise active and creative. So I'll be working on my new novel, but also updating the world wide web with a minute-to-minute status report on my efforts. Ok, maybe not quite minute-to-minute, but I'm planning on chronicling the adventure on my little blog. Maybe even on a new and exciting page!! We'll see. Until then, I have 9 odd hours if which to get in all the reading and tv-watching I can manage. Gotta fly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home