A geeky girl living in the big city, making her way, the only way she knows how... no wait, that's The Dukes of Hazzard. Who am I again? Oh yeah, a pop culture obsessed writer, publishing person, and occasional nerd. And I'm getting married. I talk about that, too.

Monday, August 25, 2008

The nice thing about a cult...

... Is that even if you leave, you're always welcome to come back. Or maybe that was about "family". Ah well, no matter!

The gist of it is after falling off the Weight Watchers wagon about a year ago, due to wedding planning and moving anxiety, along with financial woes, I went back to a meeting today. I've been reading my friend Rob's continuing adventures in the cult, and I wanted back in! I also didn't want to be that stereotypical female who got married and suddenly felt free to put back on the weight she lost to fit into a wedding gown. That wasn't why I'd done it in the first place. Also, while there's some freedom in being able to wear yoga pants to work now that my office is in the basement, I don't want them to be the only thing that fits!

So -- the details. At my best, I was down 52.2 lbs. I've put about half of that back on. Ultimately, I want to get back down to where I was, plus a little. My goal is to lose 33 lbs. In other words, I want to lose this:So, welcome back to the continuing adventures of ktbuffy in cult-land. Any and all suggestions, helpful hints, commiseration, or recommendations of low-in-points food gratefully received!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger InGenius Festival - Voices from the Writers' Forum said...

Welcome back to the cult!

8/26/2008 9:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something I was recently told by a friend. "You don't want to LOSE weight. You want to remove it, shed it, throw it away....anything but lose it." When I asked him why he said that, he replied.

"What's the first thing you do if you lose your keys?"

You look to get them back, right?

"Exactly, so if you LOSE weight, you end up subconsciously looking to get it back...and weight usually brings along 10 Lbs. of friends with it."

SO, I've been shedding weight slowly for the last month or so myself.

9/04/2008 6:22 PM

 
Blogger Rob S. said...

Good luck! You inspired me to join, and now I'm realizing I need to seriously recommit.

10/11/2008 1:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home